Raised with Christ 12
Mission should always be at the forefront of our prayers and activity as followers of the Lord Jesus. It is particularly so as I read chapter seventeen of Raised with Christ, having just completed our Sunday series on the Acts of the Apostles.
Our Mission from the Risen Jesus is Adrian Warnock writing at his best. His obvious love for the Lord and joy of being part of God’s saving mission shines forth in paragraph after paragraph. Here are some highlights (but make sure you read the chapter for yourself!):
- the church (“Jesus now lives on earth through His Body”) has been formed and empowered by the resurrection – so let’s declare and demonstrate it!
- the church is the only Jesus the world will see until He returns
- the Spirit gives us an infectious hope and joy – so share it!
- Jesus should thrill us more than anything or anyone else
- Jesus will accomplish the Great Commission (Matt 28:18-20) – He sends us out as a “direct command of the ruler of the universe.” It is not simply a suggestion
- “Jesus leads us to plunder the enemy’s kingdom, pushing forward in eager anticipation of what God will do through us”
- making disciples? We need to train other Christians to love Jesus. When we love Him, His commandments will not be burdensome
- Jesus is with His people to accomplish a specific goal – “if you want Jesus to go with you, than go and make disciples”
What’s the bottom line? ”If we love, honour, and glory in Christ, we will find that we want to talk about Him with others.”